CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

First Baby Shower!

We had our first of two baby showers yesterday. It was given by the wonderful people that Brian work with at the Shelby County Reporter. I wanted to share a few pictures from the party. Brian and I were talking last night and we have come to the realization that we are blessed far beyond what we deserve. I mean, just look at the people who went out of their way to throw a beautiful baby shower for us at his work. Who could ask for a better work environment? They all feel like family to us and we are so ecstatic to share this wonderful experience with them all. Addison is very blessed to have so many extended aunts and uncles outside of our immediate family.


This cake was so adorable. It was chocolate with cheesecake filling in the center. YUM!

We were able to take a break from stuffing our face with all the yummy food long enough to take a quick picture.

Look at all of the presents! They were all color coordinated with the cake (and not to mention her room, pink and brown).I wanted to cry when I opened this gift. Miss Caroline Prince, age 3, is Brian's boss's little girl. She asked me to open her present first. She was so proud that she wrapped it herself. It even had writing on the paper that she read to me "To Mr. Brian, Mrs. Mattea and the new Baby... Love, Caroline." When I opened it, I found a worn copy of The Runaway Bunny. She wanted the new baby to have her favorite book from when she was a baby. She said her mommy read it to her every night. I couldn't help but get teary eyed. She is such a doll!
After that, of course I had to have Miss Caroline help me with the other gifts.

There are plenty of other pictures, but I just wanted to share a few with you. I hope you enjoy! Our other shower will be given by my friends and family in Fort Payne, AL the first weekend in September. When I get those pictures, I will put them up as well.

1 comments:

Ada said...

Hey Mattea! You look great girl! Brace yourself, the teary eyed moments will last forever! :o) Chloe is giving out hugs and kisses now and I tell you, it warms this momma's heart! :) Keep us posted! Love you!