CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Small Moments; Big Memories

Its been a great week for the Pavlicks. We bought Addison's first toy (a 2008 Ford Taurus)! the good fellas at Ernest McCarty in Alabaster helped me purchase the first brand new car Mattea has ever owned. And that really started of an awesome week where i relaxed and did some thinking.

It will be 3 months until I'm a dad. Its weird how much I've grown up and yes, still have to go. But i was just thinking, it was 7 years ago this summer that I went off to Europe and then off to Samford. Now, I'm 25, Assistant Advertising Manager of the Shelby County Reporter, married 2 years, own a house, have 2 dogs, and have really found peace of mind.

We just got back from Orange Beach. I thought of all the great beach trips i took and the traditions that have come with it. Playing mini-golf, finding seashells, going to the outlets and eating at lamberts. I can't wait for Addie's first trip to the beach. I saw a lot of little kids this week and in everyone of them, I picture my girl. Wearing those sassy swimsuits, creeping up to the water, letting it hit her toe, laughing and screaming and running back up to mommy, only to do it again. then I thought of her playing mini golf with mommy and daddy and making a hole-in-one. I can't wait for those days.

Tonight, I had the chance to do the simplest of jobs: mow the lawn. yes, i will grow to hate this task but tonight was different. There was a moment where I just stood in the street and looked at our home and smiled. I already have great memories of my home of 6 months. But then I visualized coming home from work and Addie running out the door when daddy gets home. or playing in the sprinkler when she is older. or shooting baskets and smiling when she makes one.

So i write this tonight knowing in 3 months, I will be a dad. I'm not nervous because i take support in the scripture verse on our baby's picture frame (Jer. 1:5 - "Before I made you in your mother's womb, I chose you.") I appreciate all the support from loved ones and I thank God every night for you all. keep Mattea and i in your prayers and if you can't give us a hug anytime soon, hug someone else!

BP

0 comments: