CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 23, 2008

Yes, I've gained sympathy weight!

So, 4 months have passed since Mattea woke me up on Valentine's Day at 4:30 a.m. and told me those special words, "you're gonna be a daddy!" My dimples have indented even more from all the smiling I've done since. It's been one comedy movie ever since and I've had more fun playing co-star to Mattea and Addison.

From the smell phases (did you know the DVDS at best buy had a scent that makes a pregnant woman sick?) to the cravings phase (deviled eggs and waffles......in the same night?) to putting together the crib as a surprise to Mattea when the instructions require 2-3 people, I can go on and on. I don't keep any of the money I make nowadays; instead, it goes to the 900 outfits we have for Addie and to stock up on her Disney Movie collection. I know what you're thinking: what about your Muppet movies Brian? Don't worry, she'll learn!

I've haven't had time to converse with my daughter yet but I will tell you a few things about her: She's an attention hog, she's over-the-top dramatic, she loves to hear someone singing and enjoys a funny joke! Now you tell me - is there any doubt of whether its mine or the milkman's now?!

But seriously, Mattea has been great during this time and allows me to serve her all the time. It's been fun singing Five Little Speckled Frogs to her belly and read Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein. I'm ready to be a dad! I really appreciate the love and support from everyone and when they call me dad, it warms my heart. Keep sending emails, facebook messages and whatever with any advice because I will need it.

All the best,

BP

1 comments:

Samantha Hurst said...

Ok seriously you guys have me tearing up already! Little Addie will be such a precious baby and obviously very very loved. I'm excited for you guys and to keep up with the blog until she arrives : )