CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Potty Princess

We officially have a potty princess. She has been doing great! She woke up last week and told me that she needed to use the potty. She has been doing great ever since. Of course, some days are better than others but for the most part she is doing amazingly well. She LOVES being a big girl and making Mommy and Daddy happy. I can't believe she will be 2 in 2 weeks. Where has time gone? Here is the most recent picture we have of our potty princess. Please excuse the boxes in the background. As you may recall, we are moving. D-day is next Saturday. We are so blessed to have so many friends volunteer to help with the move.
Here is a quick run down of our Big Girl's interests and accomplishments to date:
Accomplishments:
-Sing the following songs by herself: ABC's, Twinkle, Twinkle, Jesus Loves Me, Itsy Bitsy Spider
-Sings the following songs with help: 5 little ducks, Old McDonald, My God is So Big, I'm in the Lord's Army, Apples and Bananas
-Knows immediate family's first and last name (including baby Luke)
-Making great strides potty training
-Sleeps in her Big Girl bed all night
-Feeds herself
Interests:
-Anything Elmo
-Singing and Dancing
-Princesses (And informing everyone "I'm the Princess... Do you understand?"
-Picking out her own clothes (including hair bows)
-Helping plan the menu
-Being a Big Helper in general (folding clothes, helping clean, etc)
-Watching "Puppets" with Daddy.
-She LOVES to learn new things (songs, tasks, words, etc).
-Puzzles
-Anything to be like Daddy (using a laptop, reading the Bible, playing guitar, etc)
There are so many more to add to both lists but I won't bore you with those. LOL.
Well, I am 22 weeks. I went to the doctor last week. Luke looks great. He is growing right on track and had a strong heart beat (152). I on the other hand had been struggling with a terrible migraine for several days. I had been given some medicine and was taking it very sparingly. When it was suggested to either increase dosage and frequency or go to the hospital and get meds through IV I opted to increase my current medication. I stayed pretty drugged for 2 days and my sweet husband worked from home to help with Addie. It finally went away and I was able to resume my normal activities, which basically include doing housework and packing these days. All in all, we are all doing great. I go back to the doctor September 9th and will update you on the baby and Addie's birthday then. I will try to blog once we get into the new house and post pics when we get settled (which hopefully it will be before my next appointment).
Have a wonderful week!

0 comments: