CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Now, he’s wrapped around her finger....

She's the center of his whole world

And his heart belongs to that sweet, little, beautiful, wonderful, perfect
All American Girl...

So, this lyric pretty much sums up what has been going on at my house this past week. I'm not sure exactly what happened but this is a common picture around my house.
These two are inseparable. It really is very cute. Friday morning, she didn't remember him kissing her bye before he left for work and she kept asking for him. When I told her he was at work she started crying... "daddy bye bye". So, we had to stop by and see him at work on our way to the grocery store.

He has been the only one to get her to go to sleep this last week and every time I turn around she is in his lap or right beside him. It is bad enough they already look like twins, now they are inseparable... LOL.

We have had a very BIG week. Addie actually used the potty several times this week! I was so excited. She got HANDFULS of M&Ms when she did. We sang and danced, whatever it takes, ya know? On top of using the potty, she has learned to count to 3, thanks to Daddy. We have been working on it for a while now but, when he started doing it with her the other night, she picked right up on it and has been doing it ever since. She also can say her name VERY plain. You ask her "What is your name?" and she will say "Addison". I have to admit, I kind of liked, "ADD-I-DON" a little better, LOL. I guess it is ok be cause according to Addie, we had "cake cups" last night after dinner. She had a friend come over to play last night and I made mini-cup cakes for them and big ones for the guys. Since we had some left over, she came up to me tonight and said "cake cups, peas"... so of course I had to get her a cup cake. We have been working on saying please when she wants something instead of just screaming and pointing. I still have to remind her to use her words, other wise she will just point and grunt when she wants something. She has an excellent vocabulary for her age, but just had to be reminded she can verbalize what she wants.
The next step will be to take the pacifier away. We tried it earlier this week but, it didn't work at all. She squirmed and whined for about an hour before Daddy gave in and gave it to her. As soon as she got it she went right to sleep. I know we need to take it away soon but, it is just so hard. She only gets it at night and at nap time. She knows that the paci stays in the bed so she doesn't really ask for it during the day unless she is tired. I just don't know how I am going to break her from it all together. Oh well... I guess that is another battle for another day.

Have a great week!

3 comments:

Ashley Jones said...

She is her Daddy's girl! Love the photos & love being able to keep in touch with you guys! Have a great week!

Tasha Crow said...

I miss you guys so much! Wish I was there!!!

Jacqueline Vazquez said...

Love you and miss you all! Can't wait to see yall!