CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Approaching One Month

Well, we are rapidly approaching the one month mark. Time has flown by! We are adjusting very well. It is really beginning to feel like home. We are slowly branching out and exploring the area more. As Brian mentioned last, the house is finally unpacked and we are finding our routine.

Addie and I are getting out more during the week. We have made some great friends through church. We have even had dinner guests at our house already. I made MeMe's homemade noodles and baked ziti. It was a big hit! Brian loves any excuse to have people over and eat Italian food.

This is a typical day for us. Addie is constantly laughing and talking up a storm. She is constantly climbing on and under furniture. I guess all this is just part of being a toddler. She definitely keeps me on my toes. There is NEVER a dull moment around here.
We are finally getting back into our shows. Brian and I watch American Idol on Tuesdays and Wednesdays; I watch Grey's Anatomy on Thursdays, and Brian's LOST will begin this coming Tuesday. It is still taking a little bit to get used to the time change when it comes to shows starting at 9pm instead of 8. I didn't think it would mess with me that bad but it does. LOL.
Brian has been so worried about me transitioning up here. He is sweet! I am doing well. I am actually the newest member of the Ahoskie Junior Women's' League. Some ladies I met at church invited me to go to one of their meetings. Although my new friends will never replace my friends back home, the ladies I have met her have been great. I have found another stay-at-home mom who has a little girl who is close to Addie's age. Addie loves her little girl. You would think that they have known each other for years. We went to the mall and they cried to hold hands while we were pushing them in their strollers. It was cute.
Well, I guess that is about it for now. I hope you guys have a wonderful weekend! We will probably be staying in and keeping warm. It is supposed to snow and ice up here starting tomorrow. BRRR! I guess we will see if it really does. The last 2 times they said it would, we didn't have anything. Oh well....


2 comments:

TBG said...

i had no idea she had that curly hair! it's beautiful!!!

Joy said...

Hi Mattea! It's Joy, from coffee this morning. Are you on facebook? If you're interested, I thought it would be fun to get our girls together to "play" sometime. Sometimes Abby and I get a little bored around the house all day.